Moving From One Participating Employer to Another

In general, your move from one participating employer to another (such as from Alameda County to Alameda Health System) should be seamless if there is no break in employment. In most cases, no action on your part is required. However, in the event you receive an ACERA Termination Election of Membership Request Form. You should follow these steps:

  • If no break in service (no lapse days), contact your new employer; let them know you are already an ACERA member. You will not be required to complete an ACERA New member Enrollment Questionnaire.
  • Please note, your new employer may not withhold your employee contribution for the first pay period. If this occurs contact ACERA member Services for information on making up your missed contribution to ensure you do not lose credit for that service.